Sunday, February 7, 2010

Winter Wonderland ~ 2010!







Spring seems so far away ~ especially after this weekends 23" snowfall! It really is quite beautiful! Being snowed~in isn't so bad, it's kind of a break from the normal daily routine. It also forces you to get some fresh air and productive exercise ~ and good sleep too from that exercise! Living in the woods really does provide some amazing scenery when it snows. Everywhere you look, the dull-drums of winter are given a fresh new look. The birds really seemed to enjoy the snow too. Lucky for them, I remembered to fill the feeders before it started. My daughter's kitten enjoyed watching the birds almost as much as I did.
I guess I'll have to pick up more birdseed before the next storm in two days. They are only calling for 2" - 7" for that storm luckily. We'll probably have piles of snow clear into July this year. I'm anxious to see how it effects my flowers in the spring. Last year I lost quite a few because the winter was so dry ~ not a chance of that this year! I'll start planting seeds indoors in about 5 weeks or so. I hope I have better luck w/ that this year than I had last year too. If anyone has any tips on seed starting ~ I'd love to hear them. I've read alot about it on-line and in books, but nothing beats tips from other gardeners.
Have a great week!
Jeni

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jeni, I saw you over at RainGardners and thought I'd pop over and say hello. You must be on the east coast like one of our sons... they got a good bit of snow that our grandson enjoyed.
    Lovely calming photos! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diana for stopping by! Yes, we live in MD and looks like we're in for another foot or so tomorrow night. I'm sure your grandson will be happy about that! Take care and come back for a visit again soon!
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete

Start a smile chain: give one away today! Thanks for stopping in! Jeni

~