Thursday, October 8, 2009

Waiting for the birds? There's a reason I don't put birdseed in this feeder!
Dwarf bleeding heart ~ unlike the typical bleeding hearts, these continue to bloom throughout the summer and into the fall. They aren't as showy as the others but they are quite pretty!

This is my cat "Peaches"! She loves following me around my gardens and laying in them (or is it lying in them?) and squashing my plants!
The Cosmos are still blooming like crazy!



This was a sweet surprise! It's a Hardy Cyclamen ~ I planted 3 bulbs in the spring and until this week, there was no sign of them. Only 2 of the 3 came up but I'll take that!




I'll be digging this beauty up after the first frost to save for next year. If you missed the Dahlia tip, check out my previous blog post.




I'm dreading the end of this growing season as I am this time every year. I have been scheduling my patients (Dental hygiene) for their 6 month recare appointment in April 2010. I just keep thinking that I'll be starting all over with my gardens then. I'll keep busy w/ my seeds and the plants I'll be trying to keep alive through the winter, but it's not as enjoyable as wandering around my yard and enjoying all the beautiful flowers, birds, butterflies and other creatures that happen to stop by. Luckily, even though I live in the woods, the deer haven't bothered with any of my plants. I did have problems w/ rabbits in the past but I found a product called "Liquid fence" that works wonderfully! I highly recommend it ~ it's supposed to keep rabbits and deer away. I still have plenty to keep me busy before the snow falls: dividing my shasta daisies, cutting back the plants once frost sets in and digging up my dahlias. I also bring in most of my garden decor just to keep it nice for next year. I cleaned out all my bird feeders this past weekend. They had a lot of moldy birdseed in them because of all the rain. I think I'll only put in a little at a time from now on, so as to not waste the seed. I also cleaned out my hummingbird feeders and put them away :( until next March. I sure will miss the hummingirds. If you haven't looked at the pictures of my hummingbirds, click on the slide show link. I never did get a photo of my male, but there's always next year.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Jeni







No comments:

Post a Comment

Start a smile chain: give one away today! Thanks for stopping in! Jeni

~