Monday, November 16, 2009

A beautiful weekend!

It was a gorgeous weekend! The temps were in the high 60's into the low 70's and the sun was shining! The photo was taken last evening as the sun was going down. If you look closely, you can see the silhouette of an old farm truck ~ kind of neat! I really wanted to spend yesterday hiking but it's been so wet that it probably would've been just a muddy mess and slippery too. So, I settled for working on cleaning up the yard. I brought in all my garden "decor", emptied out some of my flower pots, and washed them all. I also cleaned out my fountain and covered it for the winter. I hate how the yard looks this time of year. Everything is so bland ~ brown and dead. Although, silhouetted scenes like the photo above are quite lovely! I still have a few flowers blooming in the ground and in a few pots on the porch. I don't have the heart to cut them back or dump them yet. I'll be decorating for Christmas in a few weeks, by then they will be ready I'm sure. Hope you all have a great week!


Jeni

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeni,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving too. Ours was very nice, it was especially nice for me, since I didn't have to cook!! haha
    I hate cutting back blooming flowers too. We finally took our Petunias out of our urns out front, and replaced them with some evergreens.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Start a smile chain: give one away today! Thanks for stopping in! Jeni

~