Monday, November 2, 2009

Fall clean-up time :(

Hope you all had a great Halloween! This is photo of my house ~ it's already been de-decorated and ready for the Christmas decorations to go up the day after Thanksgiving!
This is a beautiful time of year and also a tiring time of year. Living in the woods definitely has it's pros and cons. The pros are the beautiful colors of the leaves in the fall, the privacy, being close to nature, etc.. but the leaf clean up is EXHAUSTING! (to say the least) My son and I worked in the yard for about 5 hours today and only managed to get the leaves in the back of the house picked up. We filled up the cart attached to the 4 wheeler and Luke drove them down and dumped them across the road in the woods. It's been so rainy hear that the ground under the leaves is really muddy and quite slippery. Luckily there weren't any falls! I cut back more plants that died but didn't have the heart to cut back the plants that were still green. Those will have to wait . I did dig up my dahlia bulbs and will work on cleaning them up and preparing them for the winter during the week. I think I'll hit the sack early tonight and take a few advil too !

Have a great week!


Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start a smile chain: give one away today! Thanks for stopping in! Jeni

~